Wednesday 13 April 2016

Artefakes at Free For Arts

Last year I participated in the wonderful Free for Arts festival for the first time, it seems to be a haven for Interactive Arts students and grads which is nice, I previewed the Lost and Found Museum there before the main exhibition in December, the entirety of my uni work up til that point was this project and will remain so.

My entry on the FFA site

Artefakes on the FFA site 

This year I am away on Erasmus but I wanted to be able to find a way to participate still, within the Lost and Found Museum project and the various roads it takes me on I came up with the idea for artefakes, new items made from found objects pressed into clay and painted gold. I made these from various things, some painted things I found, some new version and I left these around town, one in Madrid and the rest here, with tags to see if people would feedback to me any thoughts or photos they might have, unfortunately I had no responses but that does not mean they were not found and taken away. So I sent a box of these to the Free For Arts festival this year to be left around various venues for people to take away. The idea is really about value, hence the gold paint. These things discarded in the street are left, forgotten, worthless so I want to rethink that.












No comments:

Post a Comment